Staying in Galway on a Budget
Our stay in Galway will be a short one, so basically we want to check into a hotel that is inexpensive, safe, and clean. We get lucky and book a visit at Flannery’s Hotel, which is all of these and with free parking, an accommodating staff, and a pub so popular it is frequented by locals.
The Brawny Sherpa appreciates the opportunity to catch up on some sports while we enjoy a Guinness and an Irish coffee (and, yes, it is called that in Ireland, too). Flannery’s Hotel is the perfect choice for us as we basically use it just to park our gear while we go and explore Cong and the Ross Errilly Friary. Breakfast is included, served in a cheery dining room. In short, we have no complaints!
For Bashful Adventurers
- There is a charming public space at Flannery’s and a pub where you can socialize, or not, comfortably.
- The parking lot is in front of and next to the hotel for easy access.
Flannery’s Hotel, Dublin Road, Galway City East, County Galway
Planning a visit to Ireland? You might like these posts:
- Driving in Ireland
- Cong Beyond The Quiet Man
- The Mysticism of Ross Errilly Friary
- Cruising Killarney
- Is the Book of Kells Worth a Visit?
Where is Flannery’s Hotel?